- Doctor of Philosophy, Mechanical Engineering, 2015 – 2019, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- Master of Engineering, Mechanical Design, 2010 – 2012, NED University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan
- Bachelor of Engineering, Aerospace Design, 2005 – 2009, National University of Science and Technology, Pakistan
- ‘A CPFEM based study to understand the void growth in high strength dual‐phase Titanium alloy (Ti‐10V‐2Fe‐3Al)’. Asim, U. B., Siddiq, M. A. and Kartal, M. E. (2019), International Journal of Plasticity. Manuscript accepted.
- ‘Void growth in high strength aluminium alloy single crystals: a CPFEM based study’. Asim, U., Siddiq, M. A. and Demiral, M. (2017) Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering. IOP Publishing, 25(3).
- ‘Representative volume element (RVE) based crystal plasticity study of void growth on phase boundary in titanium alloys’. Asim, U.B., Siddiq, M.A., Kartal, M.E., 2019. Comput. Mater. Sci. 161, 346–350.
- ‘A Multiscale Crystal Plasticity based Constitutive Model for Metal Forming and Failure of Dual Phase Titanium Alloys’. Asim, U. A., Siddiq, M. A. and Kartal, M. E. (2019) Manuscript in preparation.
- ‘A Crystal Plasticity Finite Element Method (CPFEM) based study to investigate the effect of microvoids in single crystalline aluminium alloy’. Siddiq, M. A. and Asim, U. Bin (2016) in Proceedings of the 24th UK Conference of the Association for Computational Mechanics in Engineering 31 March – 01 April 2016, Cardiff University, Cardiff.
- ‘A Microstructure based Multiscale Computational Framework for Metal Forming’. Asim, U. Bin and Siddiq, M. A. (2016) in 7th Engineering Postgraduate Research Symposium, 26th May 2016, Aberdeen, UK.
- ‘Crystal Plasticity based Finite Element Analysis of Void Growth in High Strength Alloys’. Asim, U. B., Siddiq, M. A. and Kartal, M. E. (2016) in Choudhury, I. A. et al. (eds) Advances in Materials and Processing Technologies, 2016, p. 206.
- ‘Representative Volume Element (RVE) based crystal plasticity study of void growth at phase boundary in titanium alloys’. Asim, U. Bin, Siddiq, M. A. and Kartal, M. E. (2017) in 7th National Student Conference in Metallic Materials, 17‐18th July, Sheffield, UK.
- ‘A Microstructure based Multiscale Computational Framework for Metal Forming’. Asim, U. Bin, Siddiq, M. A. and Kartal, M. E. (2018) in 9th Engineering Postgraduate Research Symposium, 18th April 2018, Aberdeen, UK.
- ‘Hydrogen effect on plastic deformation and void growth in austenitic stainless steel’. Ogosi, E. et al. (2018) in 28th International Workshop on Computational Mechanics of Materials (IWCMM28), Glasgow, UK